IGNITE: A Virtual Retreat for Confirmation
Presented by Teens for Teens/Tweens
Informative, Fun, and Engaging!
Part 1: For Confirmation Candidates
A virtual retreat including teen faith witness, games, and personal prayer time.
- The retreat gives young people opportunities for real world encounters with Jesus.
- In a culture where it is difficult to exercise our faith, this youth driven video series reveals teens who are alive with faith and whose stories will allow the retreatant to see first hand the importance of a friendship with Christ.
- Video-based content engages youth from beginning to end.
HOW IT WORKS
- Ignite retreat lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Part 1 is meant to be completed in one sitting, but youth can go at their own pace.
- Teen friendly videos, some trivia questions, reflection, and more!
- This retreat can be done by an individual student at home anytime.
Part 2: For Parents (or Sponsors) and Confirmation Candidates to build faith together!
As an immediate follow-up to Part 1, Magnify: A 10 Day Family Challenge is designed for parents/sponsors to enjoy along with their candidate.
- Gives opportunity for families to grow in faith together.
- Provides a simple way to create new spiritual practices.
HOW IT WORKS
- View 1-2 minute real-life video reflections each day for 10 days.
- Complete a simple, but fun and engaging "Challenge."
- Parents/sponsors will have access to discussion questions and prompts to keep the conversation going.
- Document the journey in the guidebook.
Anonymous survey results revealed what kids are saying about IGNITE:
100% of over 200 participants said Ignite was a positive experience and had a positive impact on their spiritual life.
Check out our Sample Videos
"Growing Catholics is a social media invitation to Catholics of all ages to read and reflect upon daily Bible quotes set within an attractive natural setting. With Growing Catholic’s success, it's latest initiative to help our young people navigate the pressures of their lives by embracing the Word of God and affirming in them God’s great love and a hope-filled heart."
-Most Rev. Nelson J. Pérez, Archbishop of Philadelphia
Families can pay individually: $15 per family
Parish/School has the option to pay for families at a group rate based on the number of participants